“Dollar Tree Stores” they continuously innovates to reduce costs as their volume has tripled over the last several years. With a hyper focus on unit costs Dollar Tree still has to handle tremendous growth. More and more efficiency and automation was key to their success.
Implementing an integrated end-to-end supply chain platform would allow the same staff levels to perform throughout a major growth period. Linking domestic and international solutions would enable seamless and scalable flow through the entire supply chain.
- Private Logistics Cloud Linkages:
- Electronic Purchase Orders from ERP (ANSI X12 850 and 860)
- Electronic Shipping Notices from Overseas Logistics Providers ANS X12 856 at Booking,
Origin Receipt and Shipping)
- Electronic Updates from Ocean Carriers (ANSI X12 315 Events and 310 Bill of Lading)
- Domestic Load Tender and Events (ANSI X12 204 and 214)
- Web portal and exception reporting for corporate logistics team
- Web portal for distribution center planning and arrivals
- Key exception reports for Merchandising community
- Volume growth from 8,000 Forty Foot Equivalent units to over 40,000 without a need to
- Corporate merchandise team integrated to the same data as logistics, a single version of
- Automated Freight Audit improving accuracy and timeliness with the volume growth.
- Addition of arrival planning and integration for warehouse appointments.
- Year after year of record growth in earnings and revenues